To be a leading, professional, dynamic and high performing County Public Service.
To provide and develop competent human resource that is efficient and effective in service delivery.
i. Professionalism and Integrity
ii. Meritocracy and Fairness
iii. Equity and Diversity
iv. Transparency and Accountability
v. Innovativeness and Creativity
vi. Citizen Focused
vii. Team spirit and participative approach
Members of the County Public Service Board
- Mr. Ali M.Mbwaraali – Chaiman
- Mrs. Fatma Baasba – Vice Chairperson
- Mr. Abdalla Ahmed Ali – Board Member
- Mr. Omar Tawane- Board Member
- Miss. Joyce W.Murimi – Board Member
- Mr. Fadhil Maamun Ali – Board Secretary/CEO
Mandate of the Board
Lamu County Public Service Board is created by the COK 2010, Article 235(1) and section 57 & 59 of the CGA 2012 with the following mandates: Establishing and abolishing offices in its public service, appointing persons to hold or act in those offices and confirming appointments and exercising disciplinary control over and removing persons holding or acting in those offices.
Functions of the County Public Service Board
1. Establish and abolish Offices in the County Public service
2. Appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County Public service including in the boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments.
3. Exercise disciplinary control over, and remove, persons holding or acting in those Offices.
4. Prepare regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on the execution of the functions of the Board.
5. Promote in the County Public service the values and principles referred to in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution:
6. Evaluate and report to the County assembly on the extent to which the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution are complied with in the County Public service.
7. Facilitate the development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in counties
8. Advise the County government on human resource management and development:
9. Advise County government on implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in counties;
10. Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, on behalf of the County Government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for County Public service employees.