The functions of the County Public Service Board are spelt out in Section 59 of the CGA 2012, they include the following:
- Establish & abolish offices in the County Public Service
- Appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County Public Service including the Boards of Cities and Urban Areas within the County and confirm the appointments.
- Exercise disciplinary control over and remove persons holding or acting in those offices as provided for under this part.
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on the execution of the functions of the Board.
- Promote the County Public Services ‘Values and Principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232.
- Evaluate and report to the County Assembly on the extent to which the Values and Principles referred to in Article 10 and 232 are complied within the County Public Service.
- Advise the County Government on Human Resource Management and Development.
- Advise the County Government on implementation and monitoring of the National Performance Management Systems in the County.
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) on behalf of the County Government on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for the County Public Service.